Advocating for change is a cornerstone for YWCAs. The Mission drives us to promote peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. Our local advocacy efforts give voice to the concerns of local women and families. Therefore, we choose to focus our efforts on areas that mirror our service areas.
As a small organization, we find it effective to combine our efforts with other groups. We work with state and national groups to advocate for change. Most importantly, we believe that when we work together, we increase our power.
- advocating for support of after school and summer learning programs that aid student academic and lifelong success
- ensuring that youth and families have access to high quality activities and programs
Senior Health Funding
- advocating for support of services that aid seniors to age-in-place thus reducing pre-mature institutional living admissions
- making sure that older adults receive services to support health and address food insecurity
Social Justice Change
- joining with the YWCA Ohio Council to initiate and secure state-wide changes for women and people of color
- advocating for women’s safety and justice
- raising awareness to prevent sexual and domestic violence
Learn more about the YWCA USA advocacy priorities
Click Here to view 2022 Voter Registration